Welcome to the Mount Stuart Hotel - ideally situated on the popular Westcliff area - just a 5 minute walk from everything that is happening in Bournemouth - great shops, golden beaches, vibrant nightlife and the Bournemouth International Conference Centre. Come and spend your well deserved holiday here with us at the Mount Stuart Hotel, enjoy our comfortable hotel, where you can relax and unwind in our friendly atmosphere at an affordable price.
Our Hotel was built in a charming, Victorian style in the 1860’s by Captain Lewis Tregonwell (celebrated 'founder of Bournemouth') as a coach-house and has now a warm and vibrant character of its own offering versatile, modern, clean and affordable accommodation ranging from single, double, twin, triple, quad, family rooms, and large rooms for 5 to 8 people. At the back of our hotel we also have a little oasis with a landscaped tropical garden, summer house with two gorgeous premium shared hot tubs perfect for relaxing and unwinding. A real joy all seasons!
We are an ideal venue for both business and leisure guests and welcome the single traveller, couples, families and groups. So put your car in our car park at the rear of the hotel and forget it for your holiday - beaches, town centre, entertainments are all very close at hand. We hope to see you soon!”
A good night's sleep in comfortable, clean accommodation in a relaxed and friendly environment
All our rooms are spacious and light, with modern comforts and in keeping with the charm of the Victorian features of this hotel.
We have a selection of versatile and flexible accommodation ranging from double, twin, family rooms (3 to 5 people) and larger family/group rooms (6 to 9 people). All our rooms are en-suite with power showers and we have a Quiet policy between 12:00 midnight to 08.00.
Each room includes: Comfortable thick mattresses, white & navy crisp linen, a toasty tog duvet, plump pillow per person, a flat-screen TV with freeview channels, free tea and coffee, kettle, mugs, hair dryer, mirror, hanging space for clothes, blackout drapes/curtains, a free individually wrapped guest soap bar, central heating and a large towel per guest. Ask reception and they'll bring an iron and ironing board up to your room.
Free WiFi throughout your stay at the Mount Stuart Hotel.
Limited Hotel Parking
Limited hotel parking (14 cars) is available on a first come, first served basis, located at the back of the hotel for £5.00 per night per car and £10.00 per night for a van. Guests booking directly with the hotel will receive parking on site for free.
If parking is unavailable at the hotel, guests can park on street ‘Pay and Display’ areas or use the nearest ‘High Street’ Car Park which is just 5 minutes walking distance from us.
Life’s better at the beach! Great Central Bournemouth location hotel. A stroll to the beach, gardens, shopping, nights out, sightseeing
- 5 minute walk to Bournemouth Gardens
- 5 minute walk to the stunning Sandy Beaches of Bournemouth
- 5 minute walk to Bournemouth Town Centre,
- 5 minute walk to Bournemouth International Centre (BIC)
- 5 minute walk to Bournemouth Pier
- 5 minute walk to multi cinema complex
- 6 minute drive to Bournemouth Railway Station
- 20 minute drive to New Forest
A good, hearty breakfast – included in the price
Start your day in style with our generous breakfast.
From the dresser choose from: A range of cereals, fruit juices, tea or coffee. Toast served to your table with a selection of preserves
Followed by our freshly cooked English breakfast which includes: local bacon, local sausage, fresh tomato, baked beans, hash brown and an egg. If you want you can also double-up on everything for an extra fee.
Vegetarian is available which includes: non-meat sausage, fresh tomato, baked beans, hash brown and an egg.
Breakfast is served from 09:00 am to 10:00 am (Mon to Fri) and 09.00 am to 10.30 am (Sat & Sun)
If you have additional special requirements, please call us in advance of your stay to agree as appropriate. All cooked fresh to order from the highest quality local produce.
About Our Hot Tubs
Located at the back of the hotel in our contemporary garden summer house our guests can enjoy a gorgeous premium 6 seater hot tub with 75 jets, LED mood lighting and Bluetooth music. The hot tub has two wide bench seats, two bucket seats and one lounger. One of the bucket seats features Passion Spas’ exclusive Aqua Rolling Massage™, pushing water up your back, creating a vigorous massage effect. It's available 7 days a week subject to availability.
Soaking in a hot tub is very beneficial to wellbeing. It eases tensions, relaxes muscles and improves circulation , plus also a nice social activity with friends and family.,
Our summer house has three sky-light windows allowing you to stargaze on a clear night. Our landscaped tropical garden provides the perfect relaxing environment to unwind in the hot tub. So come and enjoy relaxation in our little oasis. A real joy in all seasons!
What you need to do:
- Pre-book a hot tub slot on the day and time you want at reception at the start of your stay and pay at the same time to reserve.
- Each hot session is for 45 minutes and can be booked between 11am to 8pm. Between all sessions, we have factored in a 15 minute changeover period to allow for you to exit your session safely and for our team to clean the hot tub.
- Read and sign our terms and conditions for use.
What you need to bring:
- You will need a swimsuit and a personal towel / robe, and slippers / flipflops – we do not allow guests to use the hotel room towels for the hot tubs. If you do not have a towel we can rent you an extra towel for a charge.
- Only drinks bought at the hotel bar will be allowed in the hot tub area. We will supply plastic cups for drinks as no glass is allowed in the hot tub area for safety reasons.
Late Open Licensed Bar with Outside Terrace & Lounge
We’ve got a wide range of fabulous drinks for you to enjoy whilst you sit back and relax – you’re on holiday after all! Whether you prefer a refreshing, crisp white wine, a thirst-quenching beer, or a classic gin and tonic – we’ve got it covered.
The outside terrace offers an ideal spot for refreshing drinks and get together's (and in the summer BBQ’s) so a great place for long, sunny evenings.
Sky Sports is also available, so you can catch a Premiership football game or rugby match on our big screen and soak up the sporting atmosphere.
We achieved the 2021 Travellers’ Choice Award Certificate thanks to all of you! As a TWO STAR HOTEL we are exceeding expectations and punching above our weight against Bournemouth's bigger hotels. We take great pride in reading all your comments on TripAdvisor and value your comments. Many thanks again. Best wishes. MSH Team.
- 2020 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence / Food Standards Agency Rating 5
- 2019 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence / Food Standards Agency Rating 5
- 2018 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence / Food Standards Agency Rating 5
- 2017 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence / Food Standards Agency Rating 5
- 2016 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence / Food Standards Agency Rating 5